Just starting out and want an organized system for working through the information on The Herbal Homeschool? Remember seeing something useful but don’t remember where it was? This is a great place to start. I’ve organized all my most useful posts right here so you can get a quick overview of the site and easily jump into learning more about herbs at your convenience. I’ll be updating this page as I have new information to share.
I’m just starting out. Here’s the basics:
- What is an Herb?
- Why Use Herbs?
- Tinctures: The Basics
- 3 Ways to Dry Herbs
- Herbal Tea; Infusions & Decoctions
- Herbal Preparations
What should I get? Posts about buying herbs:
- How to Buy Herbs?
- Stocking Up the Herb Cabinet
- Medicinal Herb Seed Purchase; Indoor/Outdoor Gardening
I want to grow my own! Blog posts about growing herbs:
- Growing Herbs: Trial by Error
- Year Round Herb Gardening
- Get Your Herb Garden Ready for Fall
- Planter Ideas for Indoor Gardening
- Tips to Germinate Herbs Indoors
I want to learn more about specific herbs:
- Fennel: Benefits, Uses, & Concerns
- Echinacea; Benefits, Uses, & Doses
- Chamomile: Benefits & Uses
- Marshmallow Root Uses & Info
- Calendula: Benefits, Uses, Doses & More
- All About Ginger: Benefits, Doses, Growing Tips, and Recipes
- Catnip; Health Benefits & Growing Tips
- Pineapple Sage; Growing, Harvesting, and Using
- All About Rosemary
I need to actually USE my herbs: what herbs are good for . . .
- Diaper Rash: Super Effective Herbal Diaper Rash Spray
- Treating Colds: How I Stopped a Cold With only 2 DIY Recipes
- Treating Ear Infections: Garlic & Mullein Oil for Ear Infections
- Building the Immune System: 6 Herbs for Immune Support
- Enjoying more Energy: Herbs for Maximum Energy
I need a recipe: how do you make . . .